Human Resources and Accounting Specialist
Rare Book School (RBS), a non-profit University-affiliated organization, currently seeks a Human Resources and Accounting Specialist to work as a member of the professional team in our small but fast-paced office on central grounds at the University of Virginia (UVA). He or she will work closely with the School's Administrator for Budget, Finance, and Management to handle the organization's University accounts in Oracle and assist with the UVA budgeting process; to oversee the foundation's payroll and act as benefits coordinator; to assist with the monthly review and reconciliation of foundation accounts; to serve as part of the internal controls process and aid the School in preparing for its annual audit; and to help with other administrative and fiscal management responsibilities as needed. The ideal candidate must have integrity, strong attention to detail, patience, perseverance, and a sense of humor; he or she must also be self-motivated and a good team player. Strong written and oral communication is important, and experience in a non-profit environment is preferred, but not required. Regular duties include:
- Manage the foundation's University accounts through Oracle, creating purchase orders, payment vouchers, and cost transfers; reconcile accounts and then entering data into the foundation's Quickbooks file;
- Process biweekly payroll for foundation employees through ADP payroll services, and post payroll data to foundation Quickbooks file;
- Assist with monthly review and reconciliation of foundation accounts in Quickbooks;
- Assist with annual budgeting process for UVA accounts;
- Maintain and update confidential personnel files;
- Coordinate hiring paperwork, and orient new employees to the organization's policies and procedures;
- Enroll employees in benefits plans, and serve as point of contact for the foundation's benefits policies;
- Work with ADP and our benefits managers to ensure required payroll and HR forms are completed and filed in a timely manner;
- Maintain the foundation's various insurance policies;
- Work with the Administrator for Budget, Finance, and Management to develop and maintain current HR and administrative policies.
Desired qualifications: At least an associate's degree, with a focus in finance or accounting, is required; a bachelor's degree with coursework in accounting or finance is preferred. Experience working with accounting, human resources, or payroll required.
Must have working knowledge of GAAP, and be familiar with principles and practices for bookkeeping, accounting, and HR.
In addition to proficiency working in both Macintosh and Windows operating systems and using MS Excel and Word, must also have experience working in Quickbooks. Experience with Oracle is preferred.
Salary range $36,000 to $42,000, with generous benefits package for this full-time, professional position. If you wish to be considered for this opening, please submit an application—with a résumé, cover letter, and references—to firstname.lastname@example.org.