RBS Announces Spring and Summer 2017 Course Schedule
We are very pleased to announce the 2017 Rare Book School spring and summer course schedule! Along with 27 courses in Charlottesville, RBS will also offer courses at the Lilly Library at Indiana University Bloomington; the Anne T. and Robert M. Bass Library and the Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library at Yale University in New Haven; and the Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
New courses and courses with new faculty members for 2017 include:
- The History of the Book in America: A Survey from Colonial to Modern (H-15), taught by Scott E. Casper & Jeffrey D. Groves
- The Book in the Manuscript Era (H-20), taught by Raymond Clemens
- The Books of the Plays: Shakespeare & Print (H-125), taught by David Scott Kastan
- The Photographic Book since 1844 (I-45), taught by Richard Ovenden
- Special Collections Leadership Seminar (L-50), taught by Naomi Nelson
- Integrating Born-Digital Materials: Archival Standards & Strategies (L-110), taught by Bill Landis & Gabriela Redwine
Applications for spring and summer 2017 courses will be accepted beginning in early January.