Rare Book School Board of Directors Elects New Members
The Rare Book School Board of Directors met on Saturday, 26 January in New York City, where the following new directors were elected:
- Scott Clemons (Partner at Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., and immediate past president of the Grolier Club)
- Barbara J. Fried (President of Fried Companies, Inc., and member of the University of Virginia Board of Visitors)
- Eric L. Motley (Executive Vice President at the Aspen Institute)
- Sandra M. Phoenix (Executive Director of the HBCU Library Alliance)
- David S. Zeidberg (Avery Director (retired), the Huntington Library)
The Board thanked departing members John T. Casteen III, Joan M. Friedman, Jon A. Lindseth, and Mary C. Schlosser for their years of service.
Rare Book School Founding Director Terry Belanger, having completed his term as a board member, has accepted the Board’s invitation to serve as a non-voting member emeritus of the Board of Directors.
The Board also approved the addition of Alexia Hudson-Ward (Director of Libraries, Oberlin College & Conservatory) to the Advisory Board of the Andrew W. Mellon Society of Fellows in Critical Bibliography.