RBS-Mellon Cultural Heritage Fellowship Informational Session
31 August 2021
Time: 2:00–3:00 p.m. ET
Presented by: Marian Toledo Candelaria, Program Manager, Andrew W. Mellon Fellowship for Diversity, Inclusion & Cultural Heritage, along with several Cultural Heritage Fellows
The Andrew W. Mellon Fellowship for Diversity, Inclusion & Cultural Heritage at Rare Book School is now inviting applications to its third and final cohort (2022–2024), which will be selected in early 2022 (with applications opening 1 September 2021). This program offers unique professional development opportunities for early- to mid-career professionals currently working in a special collections library, an archive, or at other cultural heritage institutions located in the United States.
As part of the program, selected fellows will receive:
- tuition waivers for three Rare Book School courses;
- funding to attend the annual conference of the Rare Books and Manuscripts Section of the Association of College and Research Libraries in the first year of the fellowship;
- an opportunity to participate in one cultural heritage field school;
- funding to organize community symposia at their home institutions;
- and funding to attend conferences of the fellows’ choice during their second and third years of participation in the program.
We invite prospective applicants to attend the CHF Informational Session via Zoom on 31 August 2021, from 2–3 p.m. ET, where we will provide more information on the fellowship and the application process. This informational session will also feature some of the current fellows, who will speak about their experience in the program thus far. The session will include a Q&A with the CHF Program Manager and current fellows.
To register, please click here.
For more information on the fellowship, including how to apply, please visit: https://rarebookschool.org/admissions-awards/fellowships/mellon-diversity/. Prospective applicants who have questions or wish to discuss this opportunity are welcome to email Marian Toledo Candelaria, Program Manager, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submitting applications is 30 November 2021 at midnight ET.