Michael Winship, Iris Howard Regents Professor of English II at the University of Texas at Austin, edited the final three volumes of the nine-volume Bibliography of American Literature. He is the author of American Literary Publishing in the Mid-Nineteenth Century: The Business of Ticknor and Fields (1995) and has published widely on the nineteenth-century American book and publishing trades. He is an editor and contributor to The Industrial Book, 1840–1880 (volume 3 in the History of the Book in America series) and served on that series’ editorial board. He has taught annually at RBS since 1983.
Courses Formerly Offered
- Descriptive Bibliography, 1820–1914 (1989–1993)
- History of the American Book (1987–1988, with Edwin Wolf 2d)
- Bibliography of 19th-Century American Books (1986)
- Publishers’ Bindings, 1780–1910 (1984–1985, with Sue Allen)
- The 19th-Century Book (1983); The 19th-Century English & American Book (1984); Sources for the Study of the 19th-Century English & American Book (1985) | co-taught with Michael Turner