RBS Announces Summer 2020 Schedule
The summer 2020 Rare Book School course schedule is available! Along with 21 courses in Charlottesville, courses will be held at the Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library, the Lillian Goldman Law Library, and Sterling Memorial Library at Yale University; the Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts at the University of Pennsylvania; the Library Company of Philadelphia; Amherst College; Indiana University Bloomington; the Harvard-Yenching Library at Harvard University; the Free Library of Philadelphia; the Schomburg Center; the Thomas J. Watson Library at The Metropolitan Museum of Art; and the New York Public Library.
New courses for 2020 include:
- Developing and Interpreting African American Special Collections (C-75), taught by Cheryl Beredo & Kevin Young
- Paper as Bibliographical Evidence (G-75), taught by Cathleen A. Baker
- Identifying and Understanding Twentieth-Century Duplicating Technologies (G-80), taught by Brian Cassidy
- Material Foundations of Map History (H-65), taught by Matthew Edney
- Book History, Bibliography, and Humanities Teaching (H-165), taught by Michael F. Suarez, S.J. (limited to Lang Fellows in 2020)
*Please note the time difference in Reference Sources for Researching Rare Books (L-25) in Bloomington, which will run from Wednesday (17 June 2020) through Monday (22 June 2020).